Honeywell Sr. Technical Sales Engineer - Adsorbents in Houston, Texas
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit UOP Home (honeywell.com)
The Sr. Technical Sales Engineer (strong background in Adsorbents Technology) will be a key enabler to LST’s growth by leading the adoption of UOP’s integrated solutions by our customers. With our integrated offering and lifecycle management vision, your deep technical understanding and business acumen, will allow you to create value propositions that unlock value for our customers in innovative ways. In this role, you will connect with many stakeholders (business, sales, technical services, legal, marketing, breakthrough initiative counter partners, etc.) to ensure value for our customer, internal alignment and profitable business growth that enables the power of LST.
This role will allow you to look at a bigger picture across different technologies while given the opportunity to deep dive into a technology, using and expanding your technical knowledge. You will be part of a highly collaborative global team focused on driving growth in a key strategic area for Honeywell: “passion for winning”, “think big and make it happen” and “become your best” are key behaviors to succeed in this role. We encourage you to apply if you are passionate for growth environments and are an ambitious team player looking to add value and contribute to our business transformation.
• Drive the technical execution of assigned LST opportunities through development of optimized design proposals, value propositions and the business case for specific opportunities including technical designs, technical input on strategy for sales events, technical appendices, preparation and delivery of technical sales presentations in customer meetings resulting in successful sales.
• Participate in customer discussions for assigned opportunities to gain an understanding of customer drivers.
• Use the combination of your technical skills and customer understanding to develop innovative solutions to address customer needs and objectives.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of adsorbent applications including our value propositions of the Honeywell UOP LST business unit concentrating on adsorbents and becoming recognized internally and externally as a adsorbent.
• Reflect and share learnings from every engagement with other team members to ensure improved technical strategies across the globe in all future opportunities.
• Contribute to the global team by looking for opportunities and making suggestions to improve our internal tools and processes so we can become our best.
• In this role there will be minimum 25% expected travel
YOU MUST HAVE:
• Bachelor’s degree (Chemical Engineering)
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in Refining / Petrochemicals or Gas Processing.
• Adsorbent experience desirable
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills
• Diversity in experiences across industry/plant operations highly valued. This could include different technologies, different assignments in service, operations, engineering, projects, marketing, etc.
• Individuals passionate to grow their technical knowledge cross functionally.
• Ambitious team-player looking to add value and contribute to our business transformation.
Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) is a foundational principle at Honeywell, both because it’s the right thing to do and because it is a fundamental enabler for our business. We actively recruit, develop and retain talent from diverse backgrounds and cultures who bring different experience, perspectives, abilities and ideas. We foster an inclusive environment in which all employees feel valued, respected and accepted.
Inclusion and Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the way we work.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.