IHG Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, India
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: India, Haryana, Gurgaon
Hotel: Corp India GSC Delivery Centre
Job number: R185778
Click here if you think this job is inappropriate.
Senior Analyst – Hotel Accounting
Job Family Group
Purpose of the role
This role provides accounting support and maintains the books of accounts for a group of owned / managed hotels including month end close, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Owner’s reporting, Cash flows and Audit support. The Job includes executing all deliverables per SLA & other related tasks on day to day basis as per agreed timelines. This position will be required to support various accounting, reporting, MIS and continuous process improvement initiatives undertaken from time to time.
Your day to day
· Maintain books of accounts for a group of owned / managed hotels with full accuracy, including Journals preparation / upload, GL Review, P&L Analysis, Trend Analysis, Month end close, Cash flows, Owner’s Reporting etc.
· Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliations with proper backups and resolve all open items in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all accruals / provisions, reclassifications, true-ups are posted in respective period along with monthly amortization of prepaid expenses.
· All deliverables should be completed as per agreed SLA.
· Provide full support in managing all queries related to various audits on time to time basis.
· Help / Support the Team Leader in preparing various MIS reports for internal analysis and for the review of Business teams / Owners.
· Suggest new ideas to have continuous process improvements in existing processes along with automation.
· Need to work in coordination with TL / AM to suggest or look at training needs of other new and junior team members.
· Provide regular guidance and training to new team members and help them in managing their deliverables.
· Regular interaction with other accounting teams across functions.
· Help / Support the TL / AM in performing variance analysis as part of any projects, managing adhoc requests, and presentations.
· Training documents / SOPs are prepared and updated on regular basis of each activity assigned.
· Accurate & correct statement, reports & data is provided to internal & external customers within time lines assigned.
· Backup plan during leaves and assisting other members during the leaves – Ensuring all reports, queries are addressed as per timelines
All assigned deliverables should be completed as per SLA
Accuracy in maintaining hotels financials
90 days+ Ageing of Balance Sheet Open items
Team Lead/Assistant Manager
Direct Reports / Indirect Reports
· Direct Reports – Nil
· Indirect Reports - Nil
What we need from you
Key Collaborative Network
Key Shared Accountabilities
· Regular interaction with hotels’ spoc and various accounting teams across functions,
· Continuous improvement of all areas in scope in compliance with specific Service Level Agreements.
Key vendors, professional associations, industry experts to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
● Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or similar, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
● Experience A minimum of 2-3 years’ work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more accounting functions related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
· Effective team player with a positive attitude & proactive approach
· Demonstrated Good Analytical skills and intermediate level knowledge of PeopleSoft or other enterprise financial systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Demonstrated effective communication skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in recognizing & resolving problems or inconsistencies in transactions and systems
What we offer
● This position has impact regarding the prioritization of work and for identifying opportunities for improvement.
● This position has impact on interim review and adjustment of basic financial statements to ensure timely and accurate delivery.
● This position has impact on maintaining hotels financials