Hancock Bank Senior Credit Reporting Risk Analyst - (REMOTE) in Gulfport, Mississippi
This Position is for a Senior Credit Reporting Risk Analyst -- (REMOTE) with a work location in Gulfport, MS.\ \ JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Identify, gather, and maintain various economic data points for use in developing and modifying credit policy by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and gathers various economic data for each of the current and expansion markets. Tracks this data over time to identify emerging trends. Uses these trends as a basis to determine the various markets, credit products and customer segments for business expansion/contraction.
- Builds models and heat maps to concisely communicate the health of a market/customer segment to executive management and the board.
- Gathers and analyzes industry, regulatory and economic information; new government legislation; and financial periodicals and newspapers.
- Summarizes data describing current and long-term trends in investment risks and economic influences pertinent to banking products.
- Prepares reports including charts and graphs to illustrate trends, future payoffs, and possible risks of various opportunities.
- Maintains spreadsheets detailing financial performance of all options.
- A successful candidate will be able to effectively prioritize and organize, communicate clearly and concisely, and be viewed as a business partner who credibly challenges and positively influences value creation.
- This position requires the ability to work independently on tight deadlines with little supervision utilizing Excel and other financial modeling and analytical tools for the creation of insights to be presented to various high level audiences.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor\'s degree and at least four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A background in economics, economic theory, and commercial banking is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement or support initiatives as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to travel if required about 20% of the time to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an "undue hardship" then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.