Marriott Night Manager in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Job Number 21139722
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman, P.O. Box 32348, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Rooms Division Manager
Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Managerial role responsible for the management and coordination of all aspects and functions of the departments within the Front of House Rooms Division including Front Office, Guest Services, Guest Service Call Center, Concierge, Guest Relations, and Club Lounge, as applicable. As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee engagement and maximize the financial performance of the department. The ideal candidate will have:
Previous management/supervisory experience for a minimum of 3 years in various Rooms Division positions at 5 Star/5 Diamond properties.
Degree in Hotel Management preferred.
Knowledge of effective office organizational practices.
Ability to customize approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
Ability to lead and participate as a member of a team to move the team forward
Excellent written and verbal communication skills(English)
Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.)
Proven ability in leading and motivation people
Understanding Financial Statements (P&L)
Advance knowledge of Opera PMS and Marsha Reservation System
Ability to lead diverse teams in International environment
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and directs all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
• Ensures supervisors maintain adequate levels of department supplies.
• Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
• Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
• Manages all period-end inventories.
• Directs, monitors, and assists all overnight staff.
• Ensures guest tracking scores and employee opinion survey goals are achieved.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
• Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
• Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
• Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
• Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
• Manages employee hours.
• Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
• Ensures all employees are trained on specific aspects of their job and are aware of all resources to assist them in problem solving.
• Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
• Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Ensures constant communication takes place between employees, supervisors and management.
• Provides orientation for new employees and ensuring all information is entered into computer.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
• Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
• Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.