Occidental Petroleum Maintenance Planner in Geismar, Louisiana
Title: Maintenance Planner Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar Other Locations:
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2021 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Planner within our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Geismar, Louisiana.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide leadership in assuring all requirements of the routine maintenance work process are utilized consistently and effectively to continuously improve the process and ensure goals are met.
- Interface daily with production and maintenance department personnel to review work orders for maintenance services. Review and provide input on definition, accuracy and priority.
- Develop the scope of each work order. Procure all required material, outside contract services, rental equipment and specialized tools to include emphasis on all the requirements of company specifications, HESS and PSM programs.
- Track area planning backlog & work orders ensuring data is current & accurate.
- Evaluate non-resident contractor performance, including quality & safety performance.
- Assist engineers with plant projects, technical details, & specifications. Make recommendations on projects such as timeline, labor requirements, work scope, & material.
- Follow the Management of Change Process to document & implement plant PSM changes.
- Provide planning and supervisory support for outages.
- Provide off-hour support for maintenance issues, material or service as necessary.
- Create & maintain repetitive job plans.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in repair, installation, troubleshooting and upkeep of plant equipment/facilities.
- Working knowledge of the routine maintenance process, regulations and policies.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Prior planning experience preferred.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.