Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies Cell Culture Associate in Fort Detrick, Maryland
Cell Culture Associate
Location MD - Fort Detrick - NIAID-IRF
Job Code 9656
# of openings 1
Apply Now (https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg04/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=AKIMEKATECH&cws=43&rid=9656)
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a need for a Cell Culture Associate to support our government customer located in Frederick, MD .
Description of Responsibilities
• Consulting and Planning with internal cell culture customers.
• Cell line seeding density optimization for plaque assay, virus growth etc.
• Use aseptic technique to perform cell line intake, banking, and growth. Work may involve human cell line DNA
• Maintain extensive inventory of frozen cells
• QC testing including mycoplasma, endotoxin, and sterility
• Work with automated cell counters and live-cell imaging platforms
• Help to maintain inventory of lab supplies, common lab stocks, and lab equipment
• Assist in training others on equipment and assays.
• Perform routine operation of instrumentation to include QC, QA, and maintenance.
• Prepare packages for shipment
• Participate in general laboratory housekeeping, to include biohazard waste and management
• Working in in BSL-3 and BSL-4 environment upon completion of required training
• Minimum of a full 4-year course of study from an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor of Science or higher degree that includes specialized training and research in maintenance of primary cells and cell culture lines and production of substrates for growth and assay of viral agents.
Required Skills and Experience
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
• Minimum of 3 years of direct and documented experience working with mammalian cell cultures.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, evening and occasional weekends.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, ability to work independently.
• Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents
• Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain certification in the NIH Biological Personnel Reliability Program.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
• Willingness to work under BSL-2, BSL-3, and BSL-4 conditions. Able to wear respiratory protection.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience with automated cell counters and live-cell imaging platforms.
• Use aseptic technique to perform cell line intake, banking, and growth. Work may involve human cell line DNA.
• Maintain extensive inventory of frozen cells.
• Experience utilizing SharePoint for cell order requests.
• Good Laboratory Practice experience is preferred.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here (HRdept@alakaina.com) to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alakaina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Keaki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Pookela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alakaina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com