Colorado State University Social and Digital Content Coordinator in Fort Collins, Colorado
Working Title Social and Digital Content Coordinator
Position Location Denver, CO
Research Professional Position No
Posting Number 202100288AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Classification Title Prof/Indiv Contrib II
Number of Vacancies
Work Hours/Week 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range $55,000 to $60,000
Colorado State University ( CSU ) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas. https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-afap.pdf.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 04/19/2021
Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University System office is located in Denver, Colorado. The CSU System is made up of CSU in Fort Collins, CSU Pueblo, and CSU Global. The System office is home to initiatives representing more than one campus within the System including the CSU Todos Santos Center and forthcoming CSU Spur campus.
Within the System, External Relations oversees Marketing, Public Relations, Creative Services, Social and Digital Media, and Web Communications. External Relations provides central marketing, media and community relations, design, photography, Web, TV and video services for a variety of System initiatives.
This position is responsible for creating compelling, audience-appropriate, multi-channel, contemporary content that engages and builds relationship with target audiences (prospective students, current students, alumni, donors, faculty/staff, industry partners). This position will manage, organize, and implement a wide range of projects to elevate the CSUS brand and support System initiatives such as the CSU Todos Santos Center and CSU Spur.
This position will serve as part of the CSU System’s External Relations team and will play a lead role in managing social and digital media strategy. The position is responsible for content creation and distribution, brand management and analytic assessment to guide the strategic and editorial direction to enhance the digital reputation of CSUS and its initiatives. This responsibility includes writing and editing content for the college website and online news website, Source.
Further, the Social and Digital Content Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the voice and tone of CSUS on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and more.
Required Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field.
Two years of demonstrated professional experience in creating and managing social media initiatives for a brand or business on a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.); or relevant digital communications experience.
Demonstrated excellent writing skills and experience crafting compelling copy for a diverse range of audiences using digital and/or multimedia platforms.
Demonstrated experience with social media or website data collection and analytics.
Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) to create visual media.
Experience using social media scheduling tools.
Strong knowledge of social media trends.
Preferred Job Qualifications
3 or more years of professional experience in social media management, marketing, communications or related field.
Demonstrated experience in multimedia asset creation in a professional setting (photography, videography, motion graphics, graphic design).
Demonstrated exceptional experience in integrated social media brand management and training on a variety of social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
Demonstrated experience with creating and implementing social media advertising campaigns.
Experience using content management systems, such as WordPress, to create, format and distribute content.
Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated collaborative team approach.
Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity through inclusive design and language.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Create and Distribute Content
• Research, write, and edit engaging content for digital platforms.
• Develop and implement visual content for all digital platforms (directing video projects, editing videos, designing graphics optimized for digital platforms, shoot and edit photos).
• Create, repurpose and post content on social media.
• Create and manage content calendar for digital engagements.
• Ensure that college stories are posted to news website, Source.
• Manage multiple projects on tight deadlines while coordinating with System campuses, initiatives, and External Relations leadership on strategy, goals, assignments and schedules as needed.
Percentage Of Time 50
Job Duty Category Brand and Reputation Management
• Manage all Colorado State University System, CSU Spur, and CSU Todos Santos Center social media platforms. Primary administrator and responsible for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn accounts.
• Provide monitoring of social and digital media venues and independently respond to posted commentary to ensure that the university and college image is protected and the CSU brand is communicated consistently and appropriately across all channels.
• Identify and provide enriching opportunities for audiences to interact and engage with CSUS in the social space – facilitate discussion and build relationship with fans.
• Management of CSUS social media platforms.
• Attend major events to cover on social media, as well as assist in outreach booths, as needed.
Percentage Of Time 30
Job Duty Category Analytics Management
• Responsible for recording monthly social media data, analyzing the data, and drawing conclusions to provide strategic direction.
• Continuously improve digital content through use of web analytics, social media data, industry insights, and best practices.
Percentage Of Time 10
Job Duty Category System-Wide Collaboration, Training, and Assistance
• Provide social media and digital assistance and strategy to initiatives, as needed.
• Meet regularly with colleagues from other System institutions and program directors to gather content/story ideas.
• Collaborate with other CSU social media managers on University-wide initiatives.
• Assist CSUS Assistant Director of Design with projects and duties, as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by 4/19 with the following:
Cover letter addressing qualifications
Online portfolio (please be sure to include any photography, videography, graphic design, and social media examples)
Contact information for three professional references
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Melanie.Geary@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity (https://oeo.colostate.edu/) is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3
Maximum Requested 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).