Fortive Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Fayetteville, North Carolina
This position is located in Elizabethtown NC and is a contract position.
The primary focus of this position is to drive improved product quality by identifying and solving manufacturing issues.
• Develop cost-effective solutions to manufacturing issues and oversee successful implementation into production.
• Develop and document new and existing lean manufacturing cells with the appropriate processes, fixtures, and tooling to allow the cell associates to meet daily SQDIP targets.
• Specify test equipment, operation methods, processes, and tooling for manufacture and assembly of products in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Design, fabricate, and/or procure manufacturing fixtures and tooling.
• Troubleshoot assembly and test issues as well as perform failure analysis for existing and new products.
• Help analyze performance of operations in relation to design specifications, cycle time, and test output. Modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
• Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Participate in new product introductions through process layout, tool development, and new equipment. Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification
• Use the Fortive Business System to drive LEAN manufacturing implementation
• Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
• Perform project work to optimize production and assembly operations to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery metrics through the utilization of lean techniques such as 5S, SMED, Standard Work, Variation Reduction, etc.
• Assist with structured problem solving, failure mode effect analysis, and root cause / corrective actions to protect customers and improve existing process yields.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electric Engineering with a power concentration preferred from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills Strong technical acumen Highly motivated, energetic, and creative Lean Manufacturing experience.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
The position is with Specialty Product Technologies (SPT). Specialty Product Technologies (SPT) has grown to be a global leader as a core technology company comprised of several strong product lines. SPT designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products, services, and technologies to deliver manufacturing/operational efficiencies, cost-effective solutions, and high-quality products demanded by today’s industrial automation marketplace.
Every SPT product line has earned a “best in class” reputation and has been built on a solid foundation of achievement over a long period of time with proven reliability in the most rigorous and demanding applications. Each product line is considered essential components in the markets and applications they serve.
Founded in 1901 as the Veeder Manufacturing Company, the company joined the Danaher portfolio in 1986 and has continued to grow. Today, SPT is part of the Fortive Corporation. The SPT product lines encompass the solid brands of Eagle Signal, Joslyn Clark, Namco Controls, Superior Electric, Thomson Nyliner, and Veeder-Root. SPT product lines can be found in a wide variety of applications and industries.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."