Interior, US Fish and Wildlife Service IT Specialist (ENTARCH) in Falls Church, Virginia
This position is part of the Branch of Data Integration. You will be responsible for architecture, planning and execution of a complex migration and new systems in Ecological Services. This announcement is being advertised concurrently under R9-20-10815010-NM-DE is open to all qualified individuals. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to the following: Plans, develops, supports, and implements the long-term (strategic) and the short term (tactical) technological direction of enterprise architecture for the ECOS and ECOSphere. Develops plans for systems, hardware, and software purchases; Provides technical expertise, supporting the vision for ECOS and ECOSphere; Reviews, and maintains the planning and policy processes for ECOS and ECOSphere;. Makes recommendations and documents policies, plans, procedures, and standards in support of the ECOS and ECOSphere infrastructure, including but not limited to: defining the current and target operational infrastructure, infrastructure modernization projects and teams, etc. Collaborates with management, business sponsors, IT specialists, program analysts, and contractors who provide technical expertise to various projects.
Conditions of Employment
Only experience and education obtained by 06/08/2020 will be considered. You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement: Experience must be IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below: 1) Attention to Detail: Reviewing work to ensure it is in line with established standards or to identify deficiencies.
2) Customer Service: Collaborating with customers to identify their information technology needs.
3) Oral Communication: Explaining technical information orally to non-technical audiences.
4) Problem Solving: Evaluating alternatives to recommend solutions to hardware or software problems. AND 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience may include: Planning, developing, and implementing the long-term (strategic) and the short term (tactical) technological direction of enterprise architecture for large systems. Developing plans for systems, hardware, and software purchases; Providing technical expertise, supporting of the vision for large systems; Reviewing, and maintaining the planning and policy processes for large systems; Collaborating with management, business sponsors, IT specialists, program analysts, and contractors. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. The Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA),P.L. 114-47, allows certain individuals who currently or formerly were under time-limited competitive appointments at certain land management agencies to compete under merit promotion procedures:
Note: You must submit ALL SF-50s and performance information for each period of temporary/term employment that qualifies for LMWFA.
·Must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency.
·Must have served under 1 or more time limited appointments by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; AND
·Must have performed at an acceptable level.
·Must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency,
·Must have served under 1 or more time limited appointments by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years;
·Must apply for position within 2 years after separation,
·Must have been separated for reasons other than misconduct or performance; AND
·Must have performed at an acceptable level Public Land Corps (PLC) Hiring Authority:
Note: You must provide a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Compliance Hiring Based for Public Land Corps Service.
(1) In order to be eligible for PLC non-competitive status, a former member of the PLC must provide documentation, as part of their application, verifying their eligibility and meet the following criteria:
(a) Served as a qualified youth on an appropriate conservation project completing a minimum of 640 hours of satisfactory service that included at least 120 hours through the PLC;
(b) Applied to a vacancy announcement for which applications are being accepted from individuals with non-competitive status;
(c) Meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) minimum qualification standards stated in the vacancy announcement for the position which you are applying; and
(d) Completed his/her most recent Corps service, which provided him/her with a total of 640 hours, inclusive of 120 hours on a PLC project as defined in 16 USC 1723(d), within the last two (2) years.
(2) Appointments must be effected within the two years requirement.
(3) The two year time-frame cannot be extended.
(4) Selectees will be subject to a probationary period.
(5) This authority may be used for General Schedule and Federal Wage System positions.
To register or verify your registration go to the Selective Service System at https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx FWS has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval. More than one position may be filled from this announcement. If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=AlternateApplicationInformation.