CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Subject Matter Expert in Fairfax, Virginia
User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Subject Matter Expert
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0224-0841
Employment Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate for this position is a User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Expert. As a UI/UX expert, you will use your knowledge, skills, and abilities to analyze, design, and transform an application to meet the client’s current and future needs. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships within a large team of both colleagues and clients. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a team environment supporting an important government client. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The UI/UX SME will apply their experience to provide insight into design principles and creative methods to tackle sophisticated enterprise problems and achieve business objectives. They will:
• Analyze existing systems, business processes, and client standards to support key IT initiatives and maximize the effectiveness of system functionality and flexibility for government regulators and their regulated community.
• Apply UI/UX best practices to visualize and design IT solutions that meet system requirements and align with the client’s strategy and business architecture.
• Design UI wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and mockups using various software tools.
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to better understand business requirements and ensure these requirements are met while applying appropriate UI/UX standards.
• Interact with client during Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
• Ensure the needs of the user community are included in the product vision, strategy, and roadmap planning.
• Communicate design concepts and detailed design rationale to partners and team members.
• Conduct usability testing with various stakeholders.
• Analyze user feedback and iteratively improve the UI/UX to enhance the user experience.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to junior designers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor’s degree in design or computer science.
• 7+ years of proven experience as a UI/UX Designer.
Experience in Angular
• Experience working within a multi-discipline team, leading design efforts on complex enterprise web applications.
• Expertise in testing and validating ideas with interactive prototypes and testing.
• Familiarity with federal Section 508 accessibility standards.
• Expertise in design and wireframing software, such as Balsamiq.
• Expertise in communicating information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Master’s Degree in an applicable discipline.
• Familiarity with United States Web Design Standards (USWDS).
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $108600/ to $190100
This position can be located in Fairfax, VA or Lafayette, LO
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
Member assistance and wellness programs
User Interface Design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.