Cardinal Health VP, Chief Technology Officer - Specialty Solutions in Dublin, Ohio
VP, Chief Technology Officer for Specialty Solutions at Cardinal Health
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories, and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by 50 years of experience, with approximately 50,000 employees in 46 countries and Fiscal 2020 revenues of $152.9 billion, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
Primarily a technologist who heavily interfaces with business to create market facing, value differentiating business model innovations by applying existing and emerging technology solutions. This position will serve as a technical advisor to Specialty Solutions business leaders to influence and drive business transformation and growth across oncology, rheumatology, biosimilars, and other core specialty pharmaceutical areas.
The Chief Technology Officer will be a seasoned leader and advisor, with proven experience in building game changing next generation business models in the rapidly growing and evolving Biopharma and provider solutions space. This position will be responsible for collaborating very closely with business, outside thought leaders, and commercial partners to turn strategy into disruptive and transformational digitalplatforms. Thetransformational focus will be both highly visible and highly impactful on the specialty patients we serve. Initial emphasis will be on leading hub services technology for our Sonexus business and products we provide in the specialty provider space. Nextarea of focus will be on building transformational solutions and how to integrate both internal and external ecosystems and partners into a compelling patientexperience. Excellentorganizational navigational, communication and change management skills will be needed to drive a culture of innovation and execution. Expertise will be needed the following areas: design thinking, technical design, healthcare data and analytics, technology trends, business landscaping, and awareness of regulatory environments.
- Drivestechnology strategy – own and drive evolution of key strategic technologies and technical architecture
- Strong knowledge in healthcare technology in biopharma & specialty provider space.
- Understanding of specialty drug processes, prior authorization, benefit verification, mediation adherence, revenue cycle management etc.
- Specialty ElectronicMedical Record experience with medical informatics
- Experiencewith design and product management
- Data– Strategies on data acquisition, agreements, warehousing, analytics, machine learning, and AI
- MakeDigital integral part of the strategy – bring digital fluency into business models
- DigitalTrend Analysis – provide detailed analysis of technology developments and customer behavior trends both inside, outside the sector
- Boldinitiatives – high tolerance for bold initiatives, such as starting new businesses, acquiring technologies, investing in innovations, etc.
- Obsessover the customer – improving customer experience is the core competency for this individual
- BusinessModel Innovation – capabilities to discover, incubate and scale new disruptive businesses
- Strategicpartnerships – evaluating technical architecture and fit
- Partnerwith various business stakeholder to collaborate with academic and external forums to identify opportunities
- Strategicintegration – developing strategy and plan for integrating multiple partners with vision of the business, significant partnership and integration with enterprise e-com and ERP systems
- Technicalproof of concept – bringing new business concepts to life quickly
- ExtendNetworks – Build network of people, technologies, and ideas inside and far outside of the company, connections with startup community, scan for potential partnerships, acquisitions, or complimentary capabilities.
- Technicalarchitecture leadership – leading the design of technical architecture in this space
- Expertlyapply techniques to discover Problem/Solution fit and Product/Market fit for early-stage and growth business models
- Strong background in specialty pharmaceutical environments
- Entrepreneurial/ Intrapreneurial attitude
- Focuson emerging and new technologies in this space
- Softwareand data engineering, executive presence, broad thinking and articulate
- 10+years of Digital Transformation and business model innovation experience with multiple companies
- Experiencein recognizing the impact of technical / digital approaches can have on strategic business decisions
- Bachelor’sDegree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Business) or equivalent work experience
- Demonstratedunderstanding of business constraints and an ability to independently develop and convey highly complex strategic concepts in a concise and consumable manner for various audiences
- Capacityto deliver on deadlines while contributing to various stakeholders, projects and business relationships at once
- Abilityto work independently or as part of a team and thrive in ambiguity, remain cool-headed with curve balls, and withstand the tests of a dynamic environment with resilience and resolve
- Exceptionalemotional intelligence to help manage complex relationships partners, stakeholders, design, engineering and leadership
- Conversantin user experience research and design activities.
- Strongtechnical understanding and ability to engage at a detailed level with software engineers and design team members
- Desireand patience to coach others on all aspects of the product discipline while remaining open to learning and adapting
- Excellentverbal & written communications and strong storytelling skills
- Experienceleading and shipping a product or large feature set to market
- Abilityto travel as needed (up to 30%)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.