Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting in Dublin, California
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for SOX compliance and testing, SEC reporting, other internal and external reporting, and ad-hoc analysis within the Finance department of Ross Stores.
• Conduct SOX risk assessment and planning, design and operating assessments, control testing, and reporting on internal controls.
• Responsible for Quarterly board variance analyses and reporting.
• Responsible for Quarterly and annual external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC.
• Complete census survey(s).
• External audit coordination including workpaper preparation.
• Research, document, and resolve accounting matters.
• Proof and validate internal and external press releases, board and audit committee materials, sales releases, earnings releases, proxy filings, and other filings with the SEC.
• Work with Accounting and others to update Ross' Accounting Policies and Procedures manual.
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Detail Oriented
• Business Acumen
• Results Driven
• Planning and Organization
• Technical SEC and SOX expertise
• Strong Communication Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree required (preferably in accounting/finance).
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
• 3-5 years post college experience (within a Big 4 accounting firm, retail company, or within a financial reporting group).
• Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations.
• Strong understanding of SOX and internal controls.
• A detail oriented approach - must pay close attention to the details and have the drive to get things right.
• Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills, and Visio. Workiva and Peoplesoft Financial Systems experience is a plus.
• Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities.
• Trustworthy with confidential financial information.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.