HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Technician PRN in Derry, New Hampshire
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Parkland Medical Center, an 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facility that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Mental Health Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Demonstrates expertise in mental health promotion and maintenance of high quality comprehensive patient care.
- Displays respect for patient’s integrity, patient information and patient rights.
- Demonstrates expertise in the performance of tasks necessary to maintain a therapeutic milieu and optimum patient care.
- Escorts patients to and from scheduled activities in a safe and professional manner.
- Performs all specific skills assigned including monitoring vital signs in a complete and accurate manner.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the unit.
- Maintains high level of interpersonal relationships with program staff.
- Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone, making sure to record correct messages and pass along to appropriate staff, including patient inquiries.
- Demonstrate efficiency in maintaining support services, which are vital to effective program operation.
- Maintains unit filing and paperwork system, if assigned by Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
- Assist with maintaining patients activities of daily living.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a safe environment
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
Qualifications and Experience: * Required: American Heart Association BCLS and CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 30 days of hire * Preferred: At least one year of experience as a MHT in a healthcare setting; Bachelor’s or Associates degree in psychology or human service field * Must exhibit quality communication skills with the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Mental Health Technician PRN
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-5181