Aerotek Histology Technologist in Dayton, Ohio
We are looking for 3 Histology Technicians, one for each shift;
1st shift - 8AM-430PM
2nd shift - 230PM- 11PM
3rd Shift - 10PM- 630AM *All shifts have 1 weekend rotation
The Histotechnician (Histotech) independently performs aspects of embedding of Quality control material, and testing with regards to immunohistochemistry.
• Independently perform all routine histology testing in accordance with departmental QC/QA guidelines.
• Competently uses necessary functions of the AP computer system to generate histology records.
• Perform all required maintenance on histology instrumentation in accordance with departmental and manufacturer's guidelines.
• Handle client related questions and concerns in a courteous and efficient manner, following departmental policies and procedures.
• Comply with all company, department and regulatory policies and procedures including compliance and safety protocols.
• Assist with data entry, preparation and grossing of specimens.
• Continue professional development through personal study, seminars, workshops and professional affiliations.
histology, ascp, ascp certified, histotech
Top Skills Details:
histology technician, ASCP, histotech
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
MUST BE ASCP Certified (American Society for Clinical Pathology)*
*Associates Degree in Health/Science related field and HT (ASCP) registry or eligible
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.