JEA Senior Living Senior Living Nurse – LPN/LVN or RN - 12 Hour Shifts Full-Time in Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
Who are We?
Barathaven Alzheimer's Special Care Center, a JEA Senior Living community and certified Great Place to Work, is an established and dedicated memory care community, where every team member takes great pride and responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments for our residents. We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our resident’s life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career, providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like to see what Barathaven has to offer, apply online and join our amazing team.
Certified by our employees as a Great Place To Work 2020 for our 2nd Year in a row! 89% of our associates shared “My work has special meaning; this is not “just a job.”86% of our associates shared "I feel I make a difference here"85% of our associates shared "When I look at what I accomplish, I feel a sense of pride"84% of our associates shared "When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome"
Apply via our Indeed ad or Visit our JEA Senior Living Careers Page to see other available opportunities.
Watch our Video or visit us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor to learn more about JEA Senior Living and what it's like to work with us.
Questions about the application process? Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist you.
1030 Barathaven Blvd
Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368
Job Highlights 12-hour ShiftsGenerous PTO PolicyAn employee engaged Scheduling systemEmployee Appreciation events; Attendance Programs, New employee Referral ProgramMedical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits 401K Retirement Plan
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Current state LPN/LVN or RN License
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a healthcare setting
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members, and staff
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to represent the facility in a positive and professional manner Essential Functions:
- Participates in the narcotic count
- Sets up, dispenses, and documents all resident medications
- Responsible for maintaining orderly medication cart, medication room, and accurate medication administration records
- Monitors the daily care of all residents
- Performs skilled nursing tasks as defined by company policy and procedure, and as allowed by state law
- Exercises independent discretion in responding to resident emergencies, determining a need for and contacting emergency services, and/or physician and family, as appropriate
- Documents observations, concerns, changes in resident conditions, incidents and/or accidents, and ensures that follow-up documentation occurs until issue is resolved
- Reports observations, concerns, and changes in resident condition to Health Services Director (HSD) or Administrator
- Communicates resident needs and concerns to family members and physicians
- Communicate with family members, physicians, and other outside healthcare providers
- Records and implements physician orders, following appropriate procedures for fax and telephone orders
- Ensures that information and interventions recorded on resident service plans are implemented by Caregivers
- Receives reports from caregivers before end of shift
- Gives report to oncoming Charge Nurse or Lead Caregiver
Receives report from outgoing Charge Nurse or Lead Caregiver Supervisory/Management:
Makes Caregiver shift assignments and ensures that assigned duties are completed in a satisfactory manner
- Monitors performance of caregivers for compliance with established policies and procedures, and to ensure quality resident care
- Reports Caregiver performance issues to HSD or Administrator and provides input for Caregiver performance evaluations
- Manages shift coverage when staff members call in sick for the oncoming shift
- Participates in Caregiver orientation and training
- Responsible for scheduling and other staffing duties, as requested
- Conducts building tours when requested
- Acts as Manager on Duty for the assigned shift in absence of Administrator or HSD
- Deals appropriately with a family member and visitor concerns or complaints, documenting the issues and actions taken through appropriate reporting mechanism
- Manages minor physical plant issues that arise during assigned shift, reporting as necessary to Maintenance Director and Administrator
- Locks outside doors (p.m. shift); unlocks outside doors (a.m. shift)
- Other job duties as assigned