AT&T Senior Quality Engineer in Dallas, Texas
About the Company
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
The Customer 360 team in the AT&T Digital Strategic team is looking to build a scalable and performant platform that will aggregate and store different facets of customer information. This system of differentiation will be a key pillar to enable delightful experiences to our customers and customer facing agents.
About the Job
AT&T Strategic Platforms team is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance engineer who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Senior Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the quality assurance and test execution for new and existing applications and interfaces. You will play a key role in planning, implementing, and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. You must be a hands-on QA expertise with the ability to take initiative, develop and evolve our QA processes. You must have strong technical background to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to test. You must have experience leading testing effort for large cross-organizational software development projects and effectively communicating to all levels of leadership overall test plan, current status, issues & risks.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
• Execute quality assurance processes for all products, working closely with staff to define the optimal solution for each issue that may arise and implement in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
• Using testing techniques, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies, write and execute test cases, and troubleshoot defects for applications.
• Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
• Determine integrated testing solutions that include cross dependencies between organizations and programs.
• Collaborates with Program Managers, Dev team, Architects to identifying test scenarios for large programs.
• Develop data and environment strategies utilizing architectural skills and methodology to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs.
• Report defects and follow up on their closure.
• Analyze test results, report test metrics, prepare and present test reports.
• Communicate progress proactively and regularly – using various tools and strategies (governance calls, stand-up calls, formal jeopardies, escalations, daily/weekly progress reports, defect metrics collections).
• Coordinate with teams involving all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and facilitate certification for production deployment.
• At least 8 years of experience in testing and quality assurance.
• Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and micro-service technologies.
• Working knowledge of database, ability to write basic sql/nosql queries.
• Experience in writing automation scripts using Java, TestNG, Selenium
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including requirements analysis and basic application architecture knowledge.
• Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Performance and Volume, User Acceptance).
• Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Self-motivated, works well independently and with others.
Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, Java, Java Script, Pact, REST Assured, Postman, Jira, Jira Align, Jenkins, SOASTA, Oracle, Nosql
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.