Child Communication and Behavior Specialists Behavior Technician - ABA Therapist in Cupertino, California
Come Join a Dynamic and Quality-Focused Team of Professionals at CCBS!
Currently offering a $400 sign-on bonus plus earn an additional $10/hour on top of your regular rate.
What is a Behavior Technician?
Behavior technicians are the individuals who work directly with our clients. They spend their days making
the lives for our clients and their families better by teaching crucial skills such as language, social skills
and self-help skills. Our behavior technicians learn from the children and their families as well; they're
taught patience, flexible thinking, creativity and to unapologetically be their authentic selves.
CCBS offers training and support through career development as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT).
If you already have found yourself immersed in this field, CCBS will provide ongoing professional
development and career options as a Senior Behavior Technician, Program Manager, and/or Board
Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Unlike other organizations, CCBS offers a competitive hourly rate, $400 sign on bonus, PLUS an on-going bonus system that
can easily surpass the average “sign-on bonus”. We understand that this is a challenging job and we feel
it's important to acknowledge and reward those individuals who consistently show up for their clients and
colleagues. By offering the ongoing RBT Bonus Program*, our goal is that our current and future staff
have additional control over their earning potential, work-life balance, and therefore are a greater asset to
their clients day to day.
RBT Bonus Program Outline:
★ Earn an additional $10/hour with no limit on earning potential
★ Bonuses are awarded every month for RBTs who work at least 100 client hours per month (this is
only an average of 25 hours per week!)
★ Bonus Examples:
○ 110 client hours = $100 bonus
○ 130 client hours = $300 bonus
○ 150 client hours = $500 bonus
*RBT Bonus Program is offered to all RBTs employed at CCBS who are in good standing
In a nutshell, we are looking for candidates who:
● Implement skill acquisition & behavior reduction programs as designed by BCBAs
● Engage in developmentally appropriate play skills with clients
● Collect accurate data on a daily basis
● Collaborate with their clinical team
● Provide fun and enriched environment for clients
● Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the therapy location
● Adhere to company policies and administrative duties
● Promote CCBS mission and philosophies generating team spirit and creating and maintaining an
environment that fosters staff satisfaction
● Other duties as assigned
● High school diploma or equivalent is required
● At least 18 years of age
● Reliable transportation and driving up to 40 miles a day between appointments
● Available from 2:00-7:30 Monday through Friday OR 2:00-7:30 three weekdays and available
● Able to engage in a physically demanding job
● Must have valid CA driver's license
● Clear TB test
● Completed immunizations sequences
● Bachelor's degree in a related field
● RBT certified
● Positive past experience with children, preferably those with developmental delays or disorders
● Attention to Detail - the ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the
component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual
part or procedure
● Attitude Toward Others - maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others
● Commitment to the Job - motivation from within oneself to stay focused and committed to a task
● Emotional Control - the ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with
stressful or emotional situations; a measure of self-composure in a difficult situation and the
ability to act objectively, rather than impulsively or emotionally
● Enjoyment of the Job - the feeling that one's job is both fulfilling and rewarding and that it has a
positive and useful benefit.
● Flexibility - the ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal
● Handling Stress - the ability to balance and defuse inner tensions and stresses; the ability to
appropriately separate yourself from stressful situations and maintain your own sense of inner
● Must have full physical dexterity/agility or be able to independently position self and perform all
movements required (bending, kneeling, computer typing, standing, fetching documents from file
● Must have sufficient corrected or uncorrected vision to carry out all duties and responsibilities.
● Need to be able to lift and carry pediatric population (weight ranging from 5 to 50 lbs.)
● Diverse staff and clientele
● Treatment occurs in clinics, client homes and/or the community
● Comfortable environment for staff, children and caregivers
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed
description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add
to the above list if the duties come within the employee's realm of responsibility.
CCBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race,
creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex,
marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local laws.
● Full and part-time positions available
● Bonuses based on performance
● Company issued cell phone for ease of communication and data collection
● Upward career mobility (we promote from within!)
● Social activities planned and offered frequently
● Benefits for full-time employees (30+ hours a week)
● Paid mileage and drive time between appointments
● Paid initial and ongoing training
● All staff are trained to become Registered Behavior Technicians
● Close-knit and supportive co-workers
● Impact the life of a child and their family!