Addiction Recovery Systems Certified Substance Abuse Counselor in Charlottesville, Virginia
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company that is making a significant difference in people’s lives, all while supporting our employees and their needs!
Hours: Mon-Fri; 5am - 1:30pm
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
Work one on one with clients emphasizing person-centered treatment and harm reduction to help patients achieve positive outcomes and progress in recovery
Help people enter treatment, complete intake assessments, and develop personalized recovery plans.
Help individuals identify their goals and help them progress in their recovery from substance use disorder
Work in a collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere to provide excellence in care for all patients at ARS
Coordinate care with external agencies as necessary to ensure continuity of care external to ARS
Receive free individual and group supervision to ensure professional growth and excellent patient care
Overview of Benefits:
- Free supervision
- Medical, Vision, Dental insurance for individual and family
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
- 401K with employer match
- Life insurance coverage
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
Early morning hours
Free Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Tickets at Work - Entertainment Events Ticket Discounts!
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Costco Membership Discount
- Hotel Discounts
Employee Assistance Program
Networking and Community Engagement Opportunities to help advocate for Medication Assisted Treatment and harm reduction in the scope of addiction treatment and intervention
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in a human services field (Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, etc.) with at least 1 year of experience in direct care counseling.
· Counseling Credential such as CADC
· Ability to work comfortably with a primary Electronic Medical Record
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to communicate comfortably and professionally with consumers, teammates, and other professionals
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to pass required State and Federal criminal and Child Protective Services background checks
- Weekday Hours: Monday thru Friday 5:00am to 1:30pm