TEKsystems Sr. Systems Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
The Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering and network administration services in support of the client's day-to-day operations and projects. This role will support a variety of duties including, but not limited to: network architecture/infrastructure, system administration/maintenance, software and systems deployment, IT process improvement, supporting IT incidents, optimizing system performance, and meeting business continuity and disaster recovery requirements for assigned systems.
VMware, Azure, Windows, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Disaster Recovery, Datacenter, Desktop, Help Desk, Hardware Troubleshooting, Application Software Support, Mobility
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Takes direction from Manager – IT Operations.
• Contributes to enterprise design and implementation for cloud and on-premise infrastructure across following domains: network, security, data, containers, compute, operating systems, storage, application enablement, and migration.
• Provides hands-on support for any system issues/problems by working with other IT Department members, consultants, vendors, or other deemed necessary to address an assigned incident or problem.
• Creates additional automation by scripting repetitive tasks.
• Manages and supports Active Directory (Directory Services, DFS, DNS, GPO)
• Works with and manages vendors, service providers, or consultants to help maintain systems and services, resolve support incidents, and complete projects.
• Adheres to all IT policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Assists in the development and implementation of IT security policies, procedures, processes and protocols.
• Configures and maintains reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
• Installs and upgrades computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
• Troubleshoots hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
• Provides documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
• Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
• Work to resolve issues, install equipment, or move existing equipment to best suit the needs of the local department or management.
• Install new hardware or software and provide training on its use.
• Deploy, support and monitor new and existing services, platforms, and applications.
• Assist employees in learning to use company owned software and hardware systems.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.