Perspecta Systems Engineering Manager in Chantilly, Virginia
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Responsible for the direct supervision of the Systems Engineering/Analysis staff. Reviews and prioritizes network needs and analyzes project costs and feasibility. Develops systems analysis standards and methodology consistent with technical requirements. Schedules staff to obtain proper response in a timely manner. Reviews recommendations for systems improvement. Responsible for the employment, training and discipline of assigned employees.
Perspecta is the prime System Engineering and Integration contractor for a National Communications Program and provides full lifecycle, end-to-end Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) services to a National Customer. The National Communications Program’s mission focus is to provide worldwide space and ground communications services utilizing state-of-the-art communications technologies. Perspecta leads a geographically dispersed team to support the design, development, acquisition and evolution of this complex multi-segmented communications system.
This position will be responsible for the day to day functional management of a technical team. This position also has technical responsibilities on contract. See qualifications below.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility.
• Technical degree with a Current Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
• Intrepid Program Experience required
• Demonstrated Leadership/management experience with the following technical areas:
Working level knowledge of tactical data space to ground communications systems and architectures
Thorough knowledge of command and control systems and architectures
Ability to determine cross-segment dependencies and impacts on communications architectures
Full spectrum systems engineer (Requirements Definition through Decommissioning)
• Be able to effectively communicate with both personnel and customers to fully understand the needs of the program and the planned activities and desired outcomes.
• Have a detailed understanding of the program life-cycle.
• Experience in requirements definition and management
• Experience in satellite system development activities and an understanding of how services are represented to users.
• Be able to prioritizing their work to meet the expectations of the program office.
• Juggle multiple requests simultaneously and pro-actively to meet different program office needs.
• Excellent presentation/briefing skills
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Job Locations US-VA-Chantilly
Req # 2020-98456
Category Project and Program Management
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly