AdventHealth Ed Advanced Tech II Palm Parkway ED PRN in Celebration, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Palm Parkway ED
- The AdventHealth Palm Parkway Emergency Department (ED) is an extension of our AdventHealth Celebration Campus – located just minutes from Walt Disney World.
- The 18,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art emergency healthcare serving the residents and visitors of Orange and Osceola Counties open 24-7.
- The 24-bed ED includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, and offers emergent care supported by ground transportation if specialty care is needed.
- We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
- PRN Days
- Attaches 12 lead EKG’s and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring, and performs venipuncture for testing. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician.
- Inserts peripheral IV’s, hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
- Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
- Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams; i.e. set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc. Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, finger splints, application of dressings, etc. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Performs accurate order entry. Manages phone calls, notifies physician of all back results, orders diets, etc. Relieves HUC as assigned.
- Completion of a paramedic program or registered nurse program
- Valid Florida State Licensure as a Paramedic OR
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a OR
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Florida (awaiting RN position availability – up to 120 days) OR
- Licensed as an RN in another state (awaiting Florida RN License – up to 90 days)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course ENPC (not applicable to 5490, 6162, 6780 and 7500 Adults only transport)
- Trauma Nurse Care Course (TNCC) (Preferred)
- Monitor Tech cross-training (Preferred)
The Advanced Technician II performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.