Actalent Test System Integration Engineer (Open To Entry Level) in Campbell, California
The Hardware Test Engineering team is seeking a HWTE to support in developing state of the art automated production test systems. The best candidate will be a problem solver, highly self-directed, experienced in electrical, mechanical, test software, and able to take project from start to finish from the ground up.
• Develop and design of fully integrated test system using embedded Linux, industrial grade Arduino, Raspberry-Pi, PLC and other embedded dev platforms
• HMI, GUI layout, test sequence dev using Python framework
• Specification of circuit protectors, wire, sensors, safety hardware, PLC, and I/O
• Architect and prototype of scalable production test systems from the system-level to electrical harnesses
• Develop test sequence, validate and deploy of test system
• Engage with CMs to turnkey test solutions
• Collaborate with team to development test specifications
• Debug and optimize automation to reduce cycle time, improve availability and yield
• Document test system design and test manufacturing test procedures
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with 2-3 years of experience is required (Open to entry-level for the right candidate)
• Proficiency with process integration of electromechanical systems
• Experienced with Powertrain battery and high voltage power converters is a plus
• Volume manufacturing engineering experience preferred
• Experienced integrated controls for PLC, IoT, robotic, autonomous vehicle a plus
• Schematic capture and layout using OrCAD, Altium or similar is a plus
• Familiar with communication protocol such as CAN, UART, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, etc...
• Ability to design system level tests, Bed-of-Nails, PCBA FCT
• Experience transitioning products from prototype to production desired
• Hands-on experience building and/or troubleshooting test fixtures / setups for mechanical and electronic products a plus
• Experience working with high power, high current, and battery emulators is a plus.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.