Rowan University Managing Administrative Assistant, Office of the Dean - Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU) in Camden, New Jersey
Under direction of the Dean of Cooper Medical School of Rowan University(CMSRU), provides administrative support for the Office of the Dean of CMSRU, exercises independent judgment and maintains confidential and sensitive materials.
• Manage the Office of the Dean of CMSRU, including assistance to Assistant Dean of Administration & Finance
• Maintain school documents and policies, facilitating their updating, safe-keeping, and confidentiality
• Create, edit and update various medical school databases including extensive confidential faculty-related data for continued accreditation of the medical school
• Enter confidential and personal medical school faculty information into Rowan University’s RIMS system
• Format policies for medical school
• Set up symposiums and retreats for medical school
• Take minutes at meetings of the Medical School Board, Executive Council and Cabinet, et al – format and distribute
• Manage the Dean's calendar and internal and external appointments
• Serves as Survey Visit Coordinator (SVC) for the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Accreditation Survey visits
• Preparation, organization and maintenance (including electronic and hard copy) of fall documents needed for continuous LCME accreditation
• Plan, research, implement and complete complex projects
• Prioritize work, solve problems and organize time with minimal supervision
• Follow up on decisions and/or directives of the Dean to insure implementation and/or completion
• Initiate oral and written responses to inquiries
• Schedule meetings, develop meeting materials as needed and distribute
• Prepare correspondence and maintain essential records and files
• General administrative support including travel arrangements, process incoming mail and ordering supplies
• Create presentations and documents utilizing extensive grammar, spelling and formatting skills
• Monitor expenditures for Office of the Dean
• Coordinate credit card requests and expense reports
• Assist in implementation of administrative procedures to help achieve organizational goals
• Participate in search committees, as needed, for directors, managers, et al
• As a member of the Office of the Dean, may be involved in grievances, which may result in the need to testify. Also may be asked to participate in evaluating performances of other employees.
• Supports administrative assistants in other offices at CMSRU by advising, orienting them, and providing development
• Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as needed for the Office of the Dean
• Minimum of 5 years administrative experience working in an upper executive management environment preferably in a health care or related field.
• Experience at an allopathic medical school assisting administration is desirable
• Experience at a new and developing medical school preferred
• Familiarity with accreditation through the Liaison Committee for Medical Education
• Demonstrated ability to make competent decisions
• Exceptional relationship-building skills
• Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to work in a confidential fast-paced environment
• Strong project management skills including coordination and successful completion of multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Capable of handling multiple demands on an on-going basis while maintaining flexibility and adaptability
• Work under general direction, however, able to prioritize work and organize own time utilizing independent judgment
• Able to prepare presentations independently
• Professional poise to handle high visibility assignments
• Enthusiastic attitude, optimistic and team-oriented
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Ability to navigate Internet and Intranet.
• Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
• Must be able to communicate, interact and work effectively with students, faculty, staff and all external constituencies
• Supervisory skills
Note: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.