TEKsystems Network Security Architect in Cambridge, Massachusetts
This is position is 100% remote.
Top Skills' Details
1) 8-10 years experience leading a technical network engineering team and working with cross functional teams as a network architect.
2) Candidate must have prior architect level technical experience with Palo Alto firewall.
3)Must have experience leading architecture for Z-Scaler Private Access and Z-Scaler Internet Access.
4) Must have CCIE
Our client is in need of a Strong Enterprise Network Security Architect. This person needs to be able to take ownership, be independent and driven with ability to work with minimum supervision and needs to have strong communication, both verbal and written, as s/he will need to articulate technical ideas, options, matter to both, technical and non-technical audiences.
• Provide expertise in network initiatives and workstreams as a member of the global Network Architecture team, working closely with the Network Architecture Lead and Regional Leads to participate in the definition of the network strategy, actionable roadmaps, and execution plans. Own one of three primary Network Architecture focus areas: Cloud, Security, or Enterprise Networking.
• Oversee the rollout of our client’s next-generation network, including a consolidated, software-defined global WAN leveraging Cisco Viptela, a secure web gateway for end users leveraging Zscaler, a seamless global wireless network, and an integrated solution for public cloud access, all proactively monitored using cutting-edge network management tools such as SolarWinds, Aternity, LiveNX, and NetBrain. Work closely with Information Security and Risk to ensure our client’s networks employ security best-practices.
• Participate in a cross-functional team within the company that includes regional network leads, security architects, enterprise architects, data center and cloud architects, application owners and external vendors. Partner with Regional Leads and their teams, as well as outsourcing vendors, on large architecture initiatives to deliver successful BAU and enhancement projects.
• Use broad experience of modern IT landscapes to align technical direction and the needs of the business, working directly with application stakeholders to provide a superior end-user experience consisting of higher availability, better performance, and improved agility. Build solutions that clearly measure the value Network Services provides to the end user, providing KPIs pertaining to availability, utilization, latency, and service-level agreements to the business.
• Under the guidance of the Network Architecture Lead, partner with the Network Transformation lead to develop device configuration templates, automate device deployments and changes, and contribute to the overall stability and standardization of the network environment. Partner with Regional Leads and network engineers to standardize operational documentation and diagrams.
• For the Enterprise Network Architect role, act as the global subject matter expert in network architecture with Cisco solutions, including SD-WAN, LAN, and wireless, as well as key technologies such as F5 for LTM/GTM, Riverbed for WAN acceleration, and Infoblox for IP address management. Partner with both business and IT functions to provide domain expertise and best practices that contribute to superior business outcomes. Act as backup for other network roles as required.
• For the Cloud Network Architect role, act as the global subject matter expert in network architecture related to AWS and SaaS connectivity solutions, including integration with Cisco SD-WAN, Zscaler solutions for remote connectivity, and our client’s network monitoring and management tooling, including Aternity, LiveNX, Gigamon, Solarwinds, and others. Manage evolving connectivity requirements, including existing data center and carrier-neutral facility on ramps and migration to SASE paradigm. Partner with both business and IT functions, including our client’s cloud center of excellence, to provide domain expertise and best practices that contribute to superior business outcomes. Act as backup for other network roles as required.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
• Experience with planning, building, and maintaining a global network architecture (WAN, LAN, VoIP, Collaboration, Security, and Wireless) with more than 50 sites, 10K nodes, and 70K users in a heterogeneous technology environment
• Experience with complex routing and switching topologies in a Cisco environment, including SD-WAN, ASR/ISR, Catalyst, and Nexus equipment, using features such as OTV, OSPF, BGP, and similar that are integrated with AWS Transit Gateways
• Experience with next-generation security devices such as Palo Alto, as well as traditional firewalls from Cisco (ASA) and Checkpoint
• Experience with application load balancing and acceleration technologies, such as Riverbed Steelhead and F5 GTM/LTM
• Experience with network management and monitoring tools such as Cisco DNA, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds, NetBrain, LiveNX, Gigamon, Splunk, and Panorama
• Experience managing business and technology risk mitigation methodology
• Experience designing and implementing network architectures with long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans that are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
• Experience developing detailed plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment
• For the Network Security Architect role, act as the global subject matter expert in network security architecture with Palo Alto and Zscaler (ZIA/ZPA) solutions. Manage our client’s network-related IDAM technologies including Cisco ISE and network device configuration with Cyberark. Act as a key interface to our client’s Information Security & Risk team that oversees firewall and security policies, ensuring Network Services is aligned on roadmap and execution plans. Provide expertise in the migration from existing Cisco and Checkpoint firewall solutions. Act as backup for other network roles as required.
• Oversee and lead the delivery of large-scale strategic initiatives to advance the company’s overall network architecture and improve business outcomes. Partner with regional leads, network engineers, and outsourced providers to drive the planning and project governance processes.
• Provide analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise-class, next-generation networks, including the creation of maintenance and release strategies that align with our client’s Cloud Right approach, global architecture strategies from the Offices of the CTO and CSO, and the specific requirements of local sites as guided by the Network Regional Leads.
• Use strong interpersonal and technical skills to build effective professional working relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside of IT, partnering on solutions that align to our client’s overall business and IT strategies and provide an exceptional end user experience.
• Act as a point of escalation in the major incident management process, partnering with the Regional Leads to provide continuous improvement in network design to minimize these events.
• Work with the Network Transformation lead to identify, define, and implement service-level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs), including trend data, to that demonstrate the impact of network services on key aspects of the end user experience, including availability, performance, security, operational response.
• Partner with key vendors responsible for monitoring and managing the operational environment, including participation in the incident, problem, configuration, change, and release management processes with demonstrable, metric-based continuous improvement.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.