Nike Inventory Area Manager in Byhalia, Mississippi
Bachelor’s degree or arelated discipline and at least 3 years management experience in a distributionor manufacturing environment; or an additional 2 years in lieu of a degree is preferred
3 plus years of experiencemanaging employees required
Working knowledge of automateddistribution systems, departmental budgets, and ability to manage multipletasks simultaneously.
PC skills required, experiencewith Excel, Word, SAP, DCMS and Kronos would be a plus.
Project management skillspreferred.
Strong decision-making andproblem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and ableto meet deadlines required.
Must possess demonstrated abilityto work as a team member, handle confidential matters in a professional manner,and lead and influence others to accomplish operational objectives.
Must possess excellent written andverbal skills, ability to embrace and promote others' ideas, motivateemployees, build and maintain working relationships and stay focused.
Must understand and foster adiverse workforce.
Able to work overtime with littleor no notice before or after scheduled shift.
Must have ability to access all areasof the warehouse and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*This Job Opening is for the ADAPT Facility 165 Wingo Road, Byhalia, MS 38611
Inventory Area Manager
Tuesday-Friday 6:00 AM-4:30 PM
Tuesday-Friday 5:00 PM-3:30 AM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 PM-6:00 AM
The Inventory Area Manager drives compliance with internal and external financial accounting inventory policies through management of the team responsible executing cycle counts and exception resolution for North America Supply Chain’s distribution facilities. This opportunity also involves leading the organization in actions that continuously improve and reduce net adjustments, gross adjustments and inventory shrinkage. In addition, the Inventory Area Manager administers the feedback processes for continuous improvement in the awareness and understanding of inventory accuracy performance and objectives throughout the organization, and focus the organization on identifying and correcting the causes of inventory inaccuracy.
The Area Manager works in a variety of roles including:
• Leading the team who performs physical inventory cycle counts & recounts, with the primary goal of ensuring accuracy inventory levels are maintained to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Working with directly with your manager and peers to drive consistent inventory results across the organization.
• Assists Inventory Accounting and external Auditors to ensure efficient processes and controls are operating effectively.
• Cycle Count Program in accordance with financial policy (50%):
• Administer the cycle count plan to ensure compliance with required count frequency and accuracy
• Monitor and report policy metrics internally and externally
• Managing, coaching, developing and directing team (25%)
• Monitor and oversee the correction of inventory discrepancies via cycle count & inventory adjustments which interface to the company’s financial records (10%)
• Support IC and cross-functional team assessments of unit adjustments and root cause (10%)
• Special projects as assigned (5%)
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.