SCL Health Cook II in Butte, Montana
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Cook II.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed hospital is the only full-service acute care facility in Butte, and were the largest hospital serving a seven-county area. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Cook II you need to know how to:
* Prepare and cook to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
* May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or operate a grill station. May produce food for patients and/or customers in the caf or for caterings.
* Prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
* Read food order or receive verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
* Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments. Report any recipe discrepancies/changes to supervisor for approval.
* Prepare foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables, and trim and cut meat, poultry or fish for culinary use. Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
* Taste products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements. Requisition supplies and equipment.
* May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment. Timely rinse and soak pans following use.
* Participate in dishwashing, hosting, cashiering, and answering the phone as needed.
Now that you know more about being a Cook II on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities
Employer's Job# 20000571
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.