AT&T Senior - System Engineer in Bothell, Washington
About the Company
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide an intuitive and integrated experience for customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world. You’ll drive how we deliver a seamless and fast customer experience with digital at the center of AT&T's distribution channels. We’re offering an opportunity to revolutionize the digital space and the chance to create a career that will propel your future.
About the Job
AT&T Digital Platform Product team is looking for a Senior – System Engineer who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Senior – System Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and support of the architectures related to the customer and employee digital experience across our consumer distribution channels. You must possess strong technical background, you must have experience with large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current cloud technologies. This position will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams to improve the velocity and accuracy of architecture deliverables.
You must possess strong technical background and have experience with large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current cloud technologies.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with critical stakeholders to understand business needs, priority, and the quality of services to be created or enhanced. Drive alignment between application team implementation and solution to be compliant with Target State Architecture. Responsible for discovering and identifying any bottleneck gaps such as manual flows that can hinder the services or impact cycle time or cost and resolve them. Provide architectural governance and technical direction for the solution deployment strategy at the Product team level and architectural alignment across product teams. This includes:
• Designing, documenting and sharing the architectural vision across organizations
• Reviewing defined requirements of technical business analyst to ensure architecture is done according to standards / best practices
• Promoting adaptive design and engineering practices, ensure that common technology, design practices, and infrastructure are used and facilitate the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns; influence common modeling, design, and coding practices
• Collaboratively defining and integrating strategic technical roadmaps aligning to product roadmaps
• Monitoring the performance of architectural systems to ensure fluid interaction between components
• Laying out upgrade paths to architectural systems and software life cycle to ensure improved processes
• Defining Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) for common frameworks, libraries, resiliency, maintainability, automation, performance, logging/debugging, metrics, security, and other common areas of the platform and ensuring solutions align with established NFRs
Ensure applications and services are leveraging building blocks whenever possible. Supports integrated solutions between legacy and target state solutions.
Leads cross functional teams to drive to consensus when architectural principals need to be adopted. Defines project/program scope and objectives.
Recommends and takes action to direct problem analysis resolution.
Accomplished communicator and influencer
Strong analytical skills and ability to be objective
• 5+ years of overall IT Industry experience (architecture, design, development, testing)
• 3+ years of architecture experience in building scalable and optimal performing eCommerce applications
• Proficient technical expertise in architecture and design of systems Frameworks
• Preferred experience in cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Cassandra, Akamai, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
• Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
5-8 years related technical architect experience.
Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
Knowledge of data center infrastructure (including blade center design, data warehouse design, Ebusiness/web hosting design, etc.)
Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
Proficient in home and premise networking architectures, assessment and modeling.
Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Deliver Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
Knowledge in voice, video, and app technologies (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.).
Understands wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum).
AS degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
Experience in building multiple versions of large customer facing systems addressing performance and scale.
Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.