PPD Evidera Internship Program – Modeling & Simulation in Bethesda, Maryland
Evidera is a global research and consulting group that partners with life science companies worldwide. Our services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in clinical development, regulatory consulting, HTA, health economics, outcomes research, market access and real-world evidence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful research team and to help define and drive solutionsfor clients and patients! As an intern you will have the opportunity to learn about the roleModeling & Simulationplays in helping the company assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions.
At Evidera we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
The internship is a10-week positionto provide support for multiple projects (including ‘live’ projects) under supervision, with tasks varying to degree by project and participate in targeted self-improvement projects. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
Our multidisciplinary Modeling and Simulation experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, andassess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition), a position in Modeling and Simulation at Evidera is waiting for you!
- Assisting team members with designated tasks that drive the overall objectives of the function
- Review of literature, extraction, preparation of slides, analysis, minuting of meetings
- Participating in departmental and/or organization wide special projects aimed to achieving annual priorities
- Attending and participating in meetings and conference calls
- Participating in training sessions relevant to your designated functional area
- Other ad-hoc tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
/PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
_Education and Experience:_
- Must be enrolled or completed an MSc and/or PhD program
- Educational background and experience in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering
_Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:_
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Good English and grammar skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Evidera values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
_Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:_
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
_How to Apply_
Please complete your online profile by attaching your(a) CV and (b) Covering Letter addressing your suitability to the role and indicating why this project is of interest to you.Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview via MS Teams.
Organization: *US BU
Title: Evidera Internship Program – Modeling & Simulation
Location: MD-Bethesda-Bethesda MD
Requisition ID: 205727
Other Locations: US-MA-Waltham-Evidera Waltham MA
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group