PPD Evidera Internship Program – Evidence Synthesis in Bethesda, Maryland
Evidera is a global research and consulting group that partners with life science companies worldwide. Our services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in clinical development, regulatory consulting, HTA, health economics, outcomes research, market access and real-world evidence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful research team and to help define and drive solutionsfor clients and patients! As an intern you will have the opportunity to learn about the roleEvidence Synthesisplays in helping the company take evidence in the public domain (literature sources) and review, collate and synthesize that evidence to meet the client’s research objectives. You will learn how we develop research question based on client objectives, formulate study protocols including developing search algorithms, PICOS criteria as well as inclusion and exclusion criteria, applying those criteria when review titles and abstracts of publications as well as the full text of publication. Additionally, you will help to develop data extraction templates and use those templates to extract data from relevant publications. From this, you may have the opportunity to contribute to a feasibility assessment to determine if the data is suitable for quantitative synthesis. If it is not suitable or the research question is not appropriate for quantitative synthesis, you may be involved with writing up the results of the review qualitatively.
At Evidera we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
The internship is a10-week positionto provide support for multiple projects (including ‘live’ projects) under supervision, with tasks varying to degree by project and participate in targeted self-improvement projects. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
_The Team__ _
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys reading publications and conducting literature reviews! The Evidence Synthesis team utilizes published literature to answer research questions in order to assess complex information for client studies. In this role, you will gain exposure on how to:
- Understand new indications in context of specific product strategy
- Inform planning for primary research, such as choice of patient-reported outcome instruments and comparators
- Estimate clinical comparisons of products versus competitors
- Capitalize on existing research while assessing evidence gaps
- Provide information for value development planning
- Determine which databases have proved useful in target indications
- Derive model inputs
- Create burden-of-illness assessments for submission to payers
- Publish burden assessments for dissemination
- Populate dossiers
- Populate regulatory documents such as Risk Management Plans
- Assisting team members with designated tasks that drive the overall objectives of the function
- Participating in departmental and/or organization wide special projects aimed to achieving annual priorities
- Attending and participating in meetings and conference calls
- Participating in training sessions relevant to your designated functional area
- Other ad-hoc tasks under the direction of the Evidera supervisor
- Support drafting of parts of deliverables
- Collaborate with the team on screening and extraction
/PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
_Education and Experience:_
- Must be enrolled or completed a PhD or master’s degree with 0-1-year relevant systematic literature review (SLR) experience
- Educational background and experience in economics, biology, natural sciences, health sciences or a related field
_Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:_
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Good English and grammar skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Basic understanding of research methods and practical knowledge of research implementation.
Evidera values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
_Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:_
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
_How to Apply_
Please complete your online profile by attaching your(a) CV and (b) Covering Letter addressing your suitability to the role and indicating why this project is of interest to you.Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview via MS Teams.
Organization: *US BU
Title: Evidera Internship Program – Evidence Synthesis
Location: MD-Bethesda-Bethesda MD
Requisition ID: 205734
Other Locations: US-MA-Waltham-Evidera Waltham MA
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group