Diversicare Healthcare Services & Diversicare Ther Speech Language Pathologist - CFY in Batesville, Mississippi
MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare of Batesville has a wonderful full time CFY opportunity. On-site supervision available.
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To learn more, please apply here or you can contact Josh Gibbs at 615-418-3741, or.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As direct caregivers, you will play an instrumental role in taking exceptional care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate caregivers to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
• Provides Speech Therapy services to residents/patients, and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Speech Therapy Department procedures. Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, and implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
• Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice and department procedures; works within established State Practice Act.
• Conduct screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
• Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated. Works collaboratively with all other members of the therapy department and the center clinical team.
• Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents, family, and other team members.
• Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with other team members.
• Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including short and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
• Coordinates treatment plan with resident, family, and all other center team members.
• Monitors resident’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
• Recommends and obtains appropriate equipment to improve patient’s communication. Instructs patient, family and staff in use of augmentative communication devices.
• Participates in discharge planning; develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in his or her own environment.
• Documents results of resident’s assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination of services.
• Participates in resident, family, and staff education.
• Attends in-service meetings and center meetings as required.
• Provides in-service education to the members of the resident’s care team and education to the community.
• Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
• Accurately records all work time; records indirect and billable treatment times according to Therapy Department procedures; adheres to Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of Speech Therapy services.
• Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the health care professional; maintains a safe and clean work area.
• Maintains positive relationship and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and facility personnel.
• Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Programs as required.
• Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
• Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
• Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
• Eligibility for Clinical Fellowship Year
• Current state licensure or temporary license; state specific
• Clinical experience evaluating patients, developing treatment plans, treatment implementation and transition, and discharge planning.
• Initiate the ASHA Clinical Fellowship Requirements, and follow through to completion.
• Possess the ability to maintain effective and respectful working relationships with all levels of staff and leadership team members.
• Knowledgeable of computers and demonstrated use of therapy operating systems.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2020-34073
Type Regular Full-Time
Location Name Batesville Nursing & Rehab Center
Address 154 Woodland Road