FirstService Residential Senior Manager in Ave Maria, Florida
As a Community Manager, you willprovidestrong leadership and management direction on behalf ofBoardof Directors and FirstService Residential. This position will oversee the entire operation and consistently adhere to and execute the mission and vision of the Board and community.Thisposition has oversight of all aspects related to the business and operations of the community.The purpose of this role is to create a single point of contact in the community, enhance communication and create effective oversight of staff and operations.The CommunityManager has the sole duty of the day-to-day operations, legal compliance and overall oversight of the association and staff.
- Provideleadership and direction in the development of short-term and long-range plans. Develop recommendations for goals and action plans to achieve Boardobjectives. Lead annual goal setting.
- Review organization structure, job descriptions, and functions. Make recommendations to the Board as to any potential changes.
- Partner with public,privateand volunteerorganizationstoprovidecommunity services when necessary.
- Support the activities of the various Board sub-committees.
- Knowledge of all Community Governing documents.Providerecommendations on revisions.
- Continual process of seamless connection between the Board of Directors and committees.
- Providecommunity leadership and guidance to ensure that the needs or desires of the homeowners are being addressed.
- In partnership with the Board, create, or cause to be created, and implement the annual working budget, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Monitor and report on the monthly financial position of the association.
- Provide leadership to each meeting involving the Board of Directors in terms of agenda support and written and oral reports.Summarize the priorities of each meeting withappropriate followup.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all community staffin accordance withthe documented management plan, if applicable.
- Work closely with local emergency organizations tomaintainestablished emergency and community evacuation plans asappropriate.
- Asappropriate, confer with other departments,divisionsand outside agencies, including community groups and organizations.Identify,developand implement programs to meet community needs.
- Assess and monitor community needs:identifyopportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures and developingnew programs. Implement programs or improvements.
- Attend andparticipatein professional group meetings. Stay abreast ofnew trendsand innovations inthe fieldsof community management and community programming.
On-site visibility throughout thecommon areasand facilities.
Understanding of all agreements for corporate implementation.
- Ensure adherence to master calendar, maintenance calendar, association budgets and subsidy program.
- Review corporation policies on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with civil code,declarationand other requirements of governing institutions.
- Perform building inspections of interior and exterior of property and prepare action plan for opportunities.
- Shall at all times ensure due diligence for the protection of client’s funds, property and assets against all reasonably foreseeable contingencies or losses.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in businessor related field from an accredited college or university, and three years’ experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have any state specific certifications and licenses or they are preferabletonot required by the state.
- A minimum of seven years of successful community management experience or equivalent professional experience in a related field, with at least 4 of those years responsible for a staff with a variety ofexpertise,backgroundand job assignments.
- Management experience in a small or medium-sized organization including responsibility for more than one functional department or division preferred.
- Understanding of physical building management, Condominium law, financial planning and law affecting property management.
- Valid Driver’s License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
- Commitment to obtain CPM, PCAM, ARM or AMS designations or equivalent.
What We Offer :
As a full-time exempt associate, you will be eligible for full comprehensive benefits to include your choice of multiple medical plans, dental, vision,and others. In addition, you will be eligible for time off benefits, paidholidaysand a 401k with company match. Occasional travel may berequiredto attend training and other company functions.
Disclaimer Statement :
The above informationinthis description has been designed toindicatethe general nature and level of work performedby employees within this classification. It is not designed tocontainor be interpreted as a comprehensiveinventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualificationsrequired ofemployees assigned to this job. This is not anall-inclusivejob description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules,dutiesandresponsibilities to this job at any time.