Dell SDET - Software Senior Engineer in Austin, Texas
SDET - Software Senior Engineer - Austin or Remote US
When your products transform the way we live and work, nothing can be left to chance. Our Test Engineering team takes charge of the testing, evaluation, and validation of all our devices. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications, and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners. We’re a team of expert engineers responsible for the development of all test cases and test tools to ensure the functionality and compatibility of our products. We’re involved in the whole testing process from preparing test and diagnostic programs to recommending changes in testing equipment procedures and designing new testing equipment.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Austin or Remote US to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions. Work in a team that is architecting and qualifying the next generation, cutting edge Remote System Management Software. The solution allows Dell's customers to remotely provision Server HW from barebones and deploy them as production ready infrastructure in mere minutes. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the latest server, networking, and storage technologies to qualify integrated, streamlined solutions that are best in class.
• Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
• Prepare, review, and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
• Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
• Responsible for the strategy, design and development activities associated with methods for validating System Management Software and broader solutions, focused on Dell's Remote Management Controller for Servers.
• Architects test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and test tools, and completes validation specifications and procedures for new and changes to existing products.
• Define multi-phase validation plans that align with the Dell standard validation process for each assigned product.
• Validation plans include test cases and test scripts, resource requirements, schedule assumptions, and scope that align with the development and marketing expectations.
• Authors and presents to leadership innovative test process and methodology improvements from an end-to-end test perspective for the functional area of ownership. Works with developers and technologists to develop automation and test tools for functional areas.
The ideal candidate will be a test professional that combines subject matter expertise, industry experience, customer expectation and understanding of product development methodologies to significantly contribute to business results through quality of results, advice, and decisions. The ability to formulate validation strategy primarily focused on automation is a primary facet of the role.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Good knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; BMC Controller; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities
• Ability to code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications
• Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms
• Ability to learn new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
• 4 to 6 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Evaluates cognitive-based, time-consuming tasks on a regular basis for their automation opportunity through Analytics or AI-based techniques
3+ years’ experience with iterative development methodologies including Agile/SCRUM, TDD.
3+ years’ experience developing test automation using Python, Perl, XML, C, C+ Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .
Diversity & Inclusion