Amazon Arlington HQ Technical Program Manager - AWS Regions in Arlington, Virginia
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead major cross - AWS initiatives spanning Infrastructure and Software.
The TPM will work across business, product, and development teams to balance cost, schedule, and technical variables to deliver projects that delight our customers. The candidate will manage multiple projects, spanning a number of technology areas. The candidate will be responsible for solving big problems, where answers need to be invented, and roads are not yet paved.
We expect the candidate to have a strong technical background and ability to drive executive level communications. The ideal candidate is a problem solver who understands how to get things done at scale and at a fast pace. If you operate by taking the initiative when no one else will, then we want to talk to you today.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
· 3+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
· 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
· 3+ years of experience managing initiatives to track, report, and improve tools' operational excellence and service level objectives (availability, stability & performance).
· Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
· Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
· Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
· Experience driving technical strategy and teams across organizations
· Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
· Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication abilities: effectively communicates with technical and non-technical teams, executive management, partners and customers
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.