Iowa State University Student Recruiter I/II in Ames, Iowa
Position Title:Student Recruiter I/II
Job Group:Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree
Special Required QualificationsValid U.S. Driver's License
Preferred Qualifications:• Experience working under a sales/territory management model.
• Experience using a CRM to support recruitment efforts (Salesforce preferred).
• Experience conducting engaging virtual and in-person presentations in a professional setting.
• Experience in one of the following: sales, or as a volunteer or employee within student affairs.
• Experience with admissions recruitment processes and procedures.
• Experience planning or conducting or assisting with recruitment or outreach events.
The Office of Admissions fulfills Iowa State University’s land grant mission by attracting, recruiting, orienting, and enrolling a diverse group of new undergraduate students to meet the university’s enrollment targets.
The Office of Admissions at Iowa State University is seeking qualified candidates for a Student Recruiter I/II position. The primary purpose of the Student Recruiter position is to attract, recruit, and enroll prospective students to Iowa State University through a variety of methods. This position will oversee a recruitment territory where they will travel to high schools, college fairs, and host recruitment events as a representative of Iowa State University. They will manage communication within their territory to prospective students, counselors, families and support systems, and Community Based Organizations.
The incumbent’s responsibilities will also include providing outstanding customer service to prospective students and families by phone and in-person, assisting with and conducting daily enrollment presentations, assisting with New Student Programs events and activities, responding to daily admissions inquiries (via email, phone, text, or face-to-face) working with a CRM to view and interpret data that will assist in their territory management and completing other miscellaneous projects and assignments including follow-up with students in their territory.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, dynamic in-person and virtual public speaking or presentation skills, and computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office, and presentation software. The candidate will also possess the ability to work with students; a willingness to work early mornings, late events, and weekends; the ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced, changing workplace; and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals.
This will be filled at the Student Recruiter I or II level, depending on the candidate's experience.
Student Recruiter I Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's Degree and is a PS805 pay level.
Student Recruiter II Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience and is a PS806 pay level
Level I and II Example of Duties
• Recruits prospective students from high schools and community colleges.
• Plans events, including student open houses, visits, tours, and off-site receptions.
• Travels and gives presentations about the university to student groups.
• Participates in the selection process, including review and evaluation of candidates.
• Counsels students and parents regarding the admissions process.
• Serves as school ambassador to outside groups.
Level I Level Guidelines
• Individual contributor position with developing professional and/or technical skills working under immediate to general supervision
• Grasps professional-level knowledge and concepts of field while working in a progressive learning mode
• Works on problems and issues of somewhat limited scope
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data for which answers are available or can be obtained
• Responds to inquiries and issues, escalating to manager or higher level workers as appropriate
• May lead projects of limited scope and complexity
• May provide guidance to students
Level II Level Guidelines
• Intermediate-level position with solid professional and/or technical skills working under general supervision to achieve goals
• Applies broad, working knowledge of the principles of the field to moderately complex, difficult, and varied problems and issues
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and resolve problems
• Responds to a broad range of inquiries and requests
• May provide training and/or direction to lower-level staff
• May lead projects of moderate scope and complexity
• Provides guidance to students
Number of Months Employed Per Year:12 Month Work Period
Time Type:Full time
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae2) Letter of Application/Cover LetterIf you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.Why Choose ISU?Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)• Life insurance and long-term disability• Flexible Spending Accounts• Various voluntary benefits and discounts• Employee Assistance Program• Wellbeing program• This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date: November 20, 2023
Posting Close Date:December 3, 2023
Job Requisition Number:R13481
By focusing on the future and providing the best student experience possible, Iowa State attracts students and faculty who want to make a difference. With a comprehensive land-grant mission of education, research, extension and outreach, we produce scholars whose ideas change the world. And through Innovate at Iowa State , we provide innovative and entrepreneurial opportunities for students of all backgrounds. Located just 30 minutes north of Des Moines, the city of Ames was recently named one of the Top 10 cities in the U.S. for campus life and career opportunities.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University's Principles of Community. (https://www.diversity.iastate.edu/connect/principles)
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have questions about the application process please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485 . Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485 . TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942 .
General ISU compensation information can be found on the University Human Resources (https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation) website. Please note that this is only a list of ranges and individuals will be paid commensurate with qualifications.