Inova Health Systems MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN 2 in ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
Medical Laboratory Technician 2
Inova Laboratories is the only locally based, full service laboratory in Northern Virginia, offering hospital quality and same-day results for many tests. Our connectivity supports the continuum of care for patients in all care settings. Using state of the art automation and equipment, Inova Laboratories seeks every opportunity to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve – every time, every touch.
Our Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking Full-Time Night shift Medical Lab Technician 2. Some of the duties include:
- Ensures quality specimens for laboratory testing by recognizing pre-analytical factors that adversely affect patient results.
- Operates systems/methodologies in order to produce timely and accurate data for patients, QC, and proficiency testing. Reports clinical data accurately and efficiently.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities to enhance personal, team, and departmental development by demonstrating operational knowledge and adhering regulatory standards.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with team members to optimize job performance and foster working relationships.
- Training schedule will be during the day shift hours and working schedules will be based on department needs.
Inova hospitals were once again awarded ‘A’ grades for the Spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades. Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Strict PPE requirements for all staff and visitors
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- New safety wayfinding and social distancing signage is installed everywhere
- Waiting rooms and registration areas are arranged for social distancing
- We deep-clean our facilities nightly; we wipe surfaces and sanitize throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer is available everywhere at all times
- All team members are required to practice frequent hand washing
- Patients with symptoms are immediately directed to separate exam rooms
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates drive-through Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
Experience: At least one year as a Medical Lab Technician in an accredited laboratory under the supervision of a pathologist certified by the American Board of Pathology
Certification: Associate degree: MLT(ASCP) certification
Education: Associate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Physical Science
OR an associate degree of at least 60 hours including 24 semester hours of science courses that include 6 hours chemistry. 6 hours biology and 12 hours chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination AND either of the following:
completion of an accredited clinical laboratory training program which may be included in the 60 hours specified above
at least 3 months of documented training in each specialty in which high complexity testing is performed.
Individuals hired in the field prior to April 24, 1995, who do not meet the requirements above, must meet the requirements of CFR 42 section 493.1489.
Work Site Location: INOVA ALEXANDRIA HOSPITAL
Work Site Address: 4320 SEMINARY ROAD
Schedule: Monday-Friday with every other weekend
Work Site City/State: ALEXANDRIA, VA