Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of exploring solutions within a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security?
We are looking for an experienced, innovative, and customer centric R&D computer scientist to provide technical leadership for the delivery of new software solutions. This position will directly contribute to the success of Sandia’s most critical mission areas. This is an opportunity to work directly with leadership, implement new technologies, and partner across the laboratory and Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) to ensure mission success. We are looking for a staff member with a proven track record of meeting customer expectations, delivering on schedule, and embracing continual improvement.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Design, architect, and test software solutions for production environments
- Direct and lead a diverse cross functional team
- Research, identify, and track system deficiencies to closure, helping to recommend and implement creative solutions
- Initiate process improvements for new and existing systems
- Design, develop, implement, document, and test (unit, regression, load) changes to applications and platforms
- Assist with development of functional designs and resolves complex design issues
- Act as senior technical expert to analyze the business needs
- Requires bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant discipline plus 5 years relevant experience or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience leading software development projects
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE Q security clearance
- Experience in Agile development DevOps methodologies
- Experience leading a cross functional team
- Experience communicating with customer, stakeholders, and executive management
- Experience with deploying and coordinating commercial off the shelf (COTS) systems in a production environment
- Experience migrating IBM Rational DOORS to DOORS Next Generation or other requirements management tools
- Understanding of ITIL and IT Service management standard methodologies
- Understanding of Cloud Computing
The Lifecycle Management Solutions Department (9352) is responsible for innovation, consulting, development, implementation and maintenance of product lifecycle solutions. Specifically, the department is focused on corporate solutions for configuration management, quality assurance, systems engineering, product and process engineering - all aspects of product lifecycle management.¿
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.