Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center Phlebotomist - Laboratory - FT - 702021 in Alamogordo, New Mexico
Performs delegated tasks/care as directed by the Clinical Supervisor of the Laboratory. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties.
• Accurately identifies all patients in a manner prescribed by written laboratory policies.
• Accurately collects all specimens (pediatric through geriatric) and labels samples in a manner prescribed by written laboratory policies.
• Processes samples according to SOP and properly labels all samples.
• Trains new employees and students properly and thoroughly using the 3-step process.
• Completes specimen collections within a timely manner.
• Obtains accurate patient information concerning medications, weight, height, fax numbers, etc and promptly records this information on the patient’s order.
• Transcribes physician’s orders into the laboratory computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Responds to and notifies laboratory staff of all STAT and ASAP orders.
• Delivers all specimens to appropriate sections of laboratory.
• File, fax, call or mail all patient results in an accurate and timely manner. Documents all faxes and mail-outs in appropriate logs.
• Maintains laboratory front desk area/phlebotomy area in a clean and orderly manner.
• Stocks phlebotomy area and trays. Watches supplies and requests supplies to be ordered as appropriate.
• Does not leave workstation unattended.
• Uses time between procedures to Department’s advantage. Regularly helps others.
• Works diligently under time and volume pressures without diminished accuracy or loss of composure.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• Must demonstrate required technical, interpersonal, and computer skills.
• A graduate of an accredited phlebotomy program and/or must have documented experience as a phlebotomist.
• Knowledge, expertise, and clinical competency to function satisfactorily in the role.
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
External Company Name: Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
External Company URL: http://www.gcrmc.org/